About this blog:

CURRENT MARKET TREND: Down on 1/24/2020






Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The VIX - Mystery Solved

The VIX is meant to measure fear in the market. When the VIX reaches extreme levels the bears are in control, when it drops to lower levels it measures complacency which generally is a bullish market. Looking at a weekly chart of the VIX gives me many answers. First of all, the bulls are not yet in control of this rally. This leads me to believe that A. There is MUCH more upside yet to come, or B. this is a bear market rally with lower lows yet to come.

My analysis on other aspects has told me the 2009 lows are in place, therefore I have to resort to option A. The following chart has it's own annotations, so I fail to see the need to repeat them here. I expect the VIX to make a new "Green Zone".

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim,

    I'm the Finance editor at Before It's News. Our site is a People Powered news platform with over 2,500,000 visits a month and growing fast.

    We would be honored if we could republish the rss feed of "Unbiased Swing Trades" in our Financial Markets category. Our readers need to read what experts like you have to say.

    Syndicating to Before It's News is a terrific way to spread the word and grow your audience. If you are interested in syndicating with us, please contact me at

    sean [at] beforeitsnews [dot] com

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete